There are a number of opportunities to play traditional music with others in the TASC neighbourhoods.
- Scattered along from Bulth to Llandovery are the members of DiEnw
- In Montgomery we have the lively and friendly Monty Folk
- For those who prefer the Folk Orchestra approach there's Ffonic in Newtown.
- For the traditional west gallery mix of voices and instruments there's Shropshire Harmony Quire in Bishop's Castle, currently being led by Sue Harris.
- A new (2018) venture in Bishop's Castle is Castle Carols which aims to bring the vibrant South Yorkshire christmas tradition to the borders. Led by the even more vibrant John Kirkpatrick.
- There are many sessions in the area, but they change frequently. See local press including the excellent Broadsheet.A fuller list is carried on the Folk Wales website.